Saint-Etienne, a UEFA EURO 2016™ host city
Saint-Etienne, a legendary French football venue
Along with Lyon, Saint-Etienne is the second city in the Rhône-Alpes region to host Euro 2016 matches. This city is football mad and its local club, AS Saint-Étienne, has been the setting for some of the best moments in the history of French football. A warm atmosphere is guaranteed in the city’s stadium which bears the evocative nickname of “The Cauldron”.
Match schedule, Saint-Etienne
Stade Geoffroy Guichard – capacity: 41,500
- 1st round: Portugal v Iceland 14/06/2016.
- 2nd round: Czech Republic v Croatia 17/06/2016.
- 3rd round: Slovakia v England 20/06/2016.
- Round of 16: 25/06/2016.
Stade Geoffroy – practical information
The Geoffroy-Guichard stadium, extended and modernised by the architects Chaix & Morel et Associés, is situated in the centre of Saint-Etienne and boasts excellent public transport options.
Address: 14, rue Paul et Pierre Guichard - 42028 Saint-Etienne
Getting to the stadium by public transport:
- From Chateaucreux train station (TGV): bus line 9, Montreynaud-Metare: “Productique” bus stop.
- From the city centre, tram lines T1 and T2, “Geoffroy Guichard” stop.