Marseille, a UEFA EURO 2016™ host city
Marseille, gateway to the Mediterranean
The oldest city in France and second largest metropolis in the country, Marseille boasts a charming Mediterranean ambience. This major port with a lively feel and an emphasis on culture and sport was elected European Capital of Culture in 2013 and is sure to impress supporters with the warm and enthusiastic atmosphere of its Stade Vélodrome.
Match schedule, Marseille
Stade Vélodrome – capacity: 67,000
- 1st round: England v Russia 11/06/2016.
- 2nd round: France v Albania 15/06/2106 and Iceland v Hungary 18/06/2016.
- 3rd round: Ukraine v Poland 21/06/2016.
- Quarter-final: 30/06/2016.
- Semi-final: 07/07/2016.
Stade Vélodrome – practical information
The renovated Stade Vélodrome is situated in the 8th arrondissement to the south of Marseille, just 4km from the Vieux-Port.
Address: 3 boulevard Michelet - 13008 Marseille
Getting to the stadium by public transport:
- From Saint-Charles train station and the city centre, take metro line 2 from “Sainte-Marguerite Dromel” metro station (for the Ganay stand and the south section of the stadium) or “Rond-Point du Prado” station» (for the Jean Bouin stand and the north section of the stadium)
- The stadium is also served by several bus routes, including lines 21, 921 and 22