Lille, a UEFA EURO 2016™ host city
Lille, the capital of Northern France
Lille has everything a football fan could possibly want, both on the pitch in its Pierre-Mauroy stadium as well as on the streets of this cosmopolitan northern French city, where the famous Place François Mitterrand will play host to the fanzone for the duration of Euro 2016.
Match schedule, Lille
Stade Pierre-Mauroy – capacity: 50, 000
- 1st round: Germany v Ukraine 12/06/2016.
- 2nd round: Russia v Slovakia 15/06/2016.
- 3rd round: Switzerland v France 19/06/2016 and Italy v Ireland 22/06/2016.
- Round of 16: 26/06/2016.
- Quarter-final: 01/07/2016.
Stade Pierre Mauroy – practical information
The Pierre-Mauroy stadium is a new sports arena designed by architects Valode & Pistre - Atelier Ferret, located in Villeneuve-d'Ascq, a town within the boundaries of this European metropolis.
Address: 261, Boulevard de Tournai 59656 Villeneuve d’Ascq
Getting to the stadium by public transport:
- Lille Europe and Lille Flandres train stations are less than 20min from the “4 Cantons” and “Cité Scientifique” stations on metro line 1.
- From Lille: take metro lines 1 or 2 to “Les Prés”, then a free shuttle bus to the stadium; by bus, take line 18 or line Corolle to the “Versailles” bus-stop.