French cooking classes
Inititation to French cooking
Cooking classes allow you to acquire simple tricks, master basic techniques, prepare elements like sauces or even full-course menus.
- Workshops at the Cordon Bleu School (Paris): this is where Julia Child (played by Meryl Streep in the film Julie & Julia) learned traditional French cooking techniques!
- "Learn how to manipulate a knife," or "Basic pastry techniques" at Atelier des Sens (Paris)
- The seasonal menu at Atelier des Chefs (big cities in France): under a chef's guidance, prepare an appetizer, main dish and dessert in 1.5 hours, then savour your creation.Thematic cooking classes Everything is possible when it comes to culinary classes: workshops on organic or weight loss cooking, baking or pastry-making classes, and even courses focused on working with one particular product...
- Organic cooking workshops with What’s for Dinner (Paris): discover the main ingredients of organic cuisine and prepare a full meal with seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Truffle discovery weekend at Auberge de la Truffe (Sorges, in Perigord): accompanied by chef Pierre Corre, live to the rhythm of the Perigord truffle for two days. Gourmet chocolate workshops at the Valrhona school (Tain l’Hermitage, in Rhone-Alps): pastry chefs share their knowledge of chocolate.
With a Michelin-starred chef
Experienced gastronomes can turn towards professional cooking schools, or take courses given by renowned chefs.
- Atelier Guy Martin (Paris): the chef of Grand Véfour invites you to demystify fine cuisine in the unique setting of a private mansion.
- Alain Ducasse Cooking School (Paris): work with noble products and prepare a fine tasting menu.
- The Saint-James cooking school, near Bordeaux: revisit the classics of French cuisine with Benjamin Bonnay.
- Scook, Anne-Sophie Pic's cooking school (Valence): the only three Michelin-starred woman chef in France reveals some of her secrets.
Cooking classes at home
A chef shares special tricks of the trade from the comfort of your own kitchen.