Cannes Film Festival
Coming to Cannes during the Film Festival? Here are some suggestions for what to do!
1. Check out the opening and closing ceremonies for the film festival. Try to catch a glimpse of the stars and experience the
spectacle first hand. Head to Mistral, which is close enough to the Palais des Festivales to spy on the parade of celebrities. Cannes is a glamorous place and this is the perfect way to soak up the event!
2. Take advantage of the sandy beaches. Cannes is in the heart of the French Riviera, on the Mediterranean coast of France. Don't forget to take advantage of the hot sun and crystal blue waters while strolling down the Boulevard de la Croisette or checking out Plages de la Bocca, Plages du Midi, Plage du Casino, and Plage Gazagnaire. For a private experience, head to L’Ecrin and be tamed by the soothing Cannois waves over a chilled glass of rosé.
3. Cannes is a great destination for relaxation.
Visit the Thermes Marins de Cannes, the only thalassotherapy (seawater therapy) center on the bay of Cannes. It forms part of the Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel, which includes a rooftop bar that boasts a panoramic view of the Bay of Cannes.
4. Eat the food! Cannes, like everywhere in France, is known for its gastronomy. Since it is also host to a major entertainment event yearly, Cannes is filled with amazing restaurants and local favorites. For lighter fare, seek out local tapenade or ratatouille and when sampling seafood, the southern specialty bouillabaisse, is a must. For the ultimate restaurant experience, head to Restaurant Mantel, which establishes an intimate and congenial dining experience. The menu adopts the première selection of the season, from nearby Marché Forville, into exquisite plates, homemade breads and patisseries.
For a two-star experience, indulge in the menu at La Pame d’Or at Hotel
Martinez, which is as famous as it is VIP filled.
5. If you're feeling lucky, try out the casino in the Palais des Festivals. It's right in the heart of the action and bound to be filled with celebrities.
6. Be a star! You're in Cannes with the rich & famous. Appreciate the art of cinema alongside the French "art de vivre" and you're bound to have a great time.