Sainte-Chapelle in Paris
A sumptuous, intimate chapel with remarkable stained glass windows
The Sainte-Chapelle is the finest royal chapel to be built in France and features a truly exceptional collection of stained-glass windows. It was built in the mid 13th century by Louis IX, at the heart of the royal residence, the Palais de la Cité.
It was built to house the relics of the Passion of Christ. Adorned with a unique collection of fifteen glass panels and a large rose window forming a veritable wall of light, the Sainte-Chapelle is a gem of French Gothic architecture.
The Sainte-Chapelle was designated world heritage site by UNESCO.
ReceptionSubject to modification.
- 1st March to 31st October:
Monday to Friday: from 9.30 a.m. to 12.45 a.m. and to 2.15 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: from 9.30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 1st November to 29th February:
Monday to Friday: from 9 a.m. to 12.45 a.m. and to 2.15 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- The best time to visit is in the morning from Tuesday to Friday.
- 1st January, 1st May and 25th December and in case of negative temperatures
- Number of floors visited during the tour: 2
NB: security checks. Sharp or dangerous items are not permitted inside the monument.
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish
• Reservations: 1 month
Duration: from 30 min to 1 hr
- Audio-guide tour: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
- Lecture tour: French, English
• Reservations: 1 month
Tel: (33) (0)1 44 54 19 30 - Fax: (33) (0)1 44 54 19 31
- Duration: 1 hr 30 min
- Evening concerts from March to November
• Informations and reservations: Tel: (33) (0)1 44 07 12 38
- Night visit until 10 pm on Wednesdays from mid-May to mid-September
- Seating available during the tour
- Gift shop
- Parkings for coaches (port de la Bourdonnais, port de Suffren, port de Bercy, Louvre, Beaubourg).
- Buses can not take or drop off people on the Île de la Cité
- Adults: 8,50 €
- Concessions: 5,50 €
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people): 6,50 €
Joint ticket Sainte-Chapelle and Conciergerie
- Adults: 12,50 €
- Concessions: 8,50 €
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people): 9,50 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Extra charge: Audio-guide tour
- Central : Near Notre-Dame-de-Paris Cathedral and the Conciergerie
- Metro: Châtelet, Saint-Michel, Cité
- RER A, B, D: Châtelet-les-Halles,
- RER B, C: Saint-Michel, Notre-Dame
6, boulevard du Palais
- Reservation required
- Direct access
Fax: (33) (0)1 53 40 60 96